- We’d like to make it easy for anyone to use the Decidim name or logo for community-oriented efforts that help spread and improve Decidim.
- We’d like to make it clear how Decidim-related businesses and projects can (and cannot) use the Decidim name and logo.
- We’d like to make it hard for anyone to use the Decidim name and logo to unfairly profit from, trick or confuse people who are looking for official Decidim resources.
Examples of use that do not need permission
- Including the Decidim logo on product pages to say "we work with Decidim" (e.g., hosting, consultancy services, developments based on Decidim).
- Use of the trademark "Decidim" in book titles and research articles.
- Use of the Decidim logo in the footer of an instance (“Powered by Decidim”).
Examples of use that do need permission
- Selling merchandise (stickers, t-shirts, mugs, etc).
- Use of the Decidim logo on a book cover.
- Use of the Decidim logo in a header in a website, implying that you’re the Decidim organization.
Examples of use that will not get permission
- Naming your company or product after Decidim, like "The Decidim Consultants".
Foire aux questions
Do you have a Demo? I want to use Decidim now, without installing it, to see how it works.
Yes, we have an online demo.
Do you support institutions?
Yes, but you have to be patient. There are a lot of institutions that want to use Decidim right now and we are helping them step by step. Contact us for any question and we will answer you as soon as possible.
What is Decidim?
Decidim is a Free Open-Source participatory democracy platform for cities and organizations. But Decidim is more than a digital platform: it’s a common's free and open project and infrastructure involving code, documentation, design, training courses, a legal framework, collaborative interfaces, user and facilitation communities, and a common vision.
I have ideas for new improvement features. I want to have a better understanding of the project. What can I do?
You can collaborate in multiple ways. One of them is through the Metadecidim community. If you want to propose new features, go here. If you have detected errors and want to notify them, go to this process. If you want to actively participate in the Metadecidim community, you can attend Community Meetings. Register as a participant of the community and participate with us. If your thing is the code, come to Github. If you are a researcher, you might be interested in coming to the LAB Metadecidim Seminars.