- We’d like to make it easy for anyone to use the Decidim name or logo for community-oriented efforts that help spread and improve Decidim.
- We’d like to make it clear how Decidim-related businesses and projects can (and cannot) use the Decidim name and logo.
- We’d like to make it hard for anyone to use the Decidim name and logo to unfairly profit from, trick or confuse people who are looking for official Decidim resources.
Examples of use that do not need permission
- Including the Decidim logo on product pages to say "we work with Decidim" (e.g., hosting, consultancy services, developments based on Decidim).
- Use of the trademark "Decidim" in book titles and research articles.
- Use of the Decidim logo in the footer of an instance (“Powered by Decidim”).
Examples of use that do need permission
- Selling merchandise (stickers, t-shirts, mugs, etc).
- Use of the Decidim logo on a book cover.
- Use of the Decidim logo in a header in a website, implying that you’re the Decidim organization.
Examples of use that will not get permission
- Naming your company or product after Decidim, like "The Decidim Consultants".
Is there any tutorial to start setting it up?
You can check the latest version of our admin manual in the Documentation section.
We want to make a formal collaboration agreement. Are there any templates we can use?
Yes, we have templates to formalize collaboration agreements. Please contact us.
Can I join the Metadecidim community even if I don't live in Barcelona?
Of course you can. People do so through participatory processes, debates, translations, etc. that you might find in Metadecidim. Decidim was born in Barcelona and that is why there is a strong territorial bond with this city, but above all, it's a project for the commons.
Who is currently using Decidim?
It is currently used by cities and organizations worldwide. In fact, any group of people can use it, whether it is an NGO, university, trade union, cooperative, neighbourhood association, etc. Check the complete list of currently active instances.