[job offer closed]
What’s the job
We’re looking for someone to become part of the Decidim family, more specifically of the project backbone! Someone with passion for programming and problem solving, who will be in charge of helping with the maintenance of the core repositories of Decidim and taking care of the quality and stability of the code.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will be:
- Planning new features along with the Product Team
- Reviewing new contributions from the developer community
- Making contributions to the software, documentation, etc.
- Answering and supporting our community members (on Gitter, GitHub, Metadecidim)
- Improving the installation process
- Updating the libraries of the project
We know that some of these tasks will be really difficult to achieve as a Junior developer, so of course there will be a lot of hand-holding and training in the first months.
Decidim is a Free Libre Open Source Software for participatory democracy that is working on more than 400 cities, regions and organizations worldwide. It’s being used in Barcelona, Helsinki, France, Italy, Mexico, to name a few.
At the technical level is a Ruby on Rails project, a generator and some gems that helps organizations to make decisions and deliberative processes. It works by having an online and offline participation website.
We try to make all the decisions on the open on GitHub and also with our own platform (on MetaDecidim).
Who are we looking for
This is a perfect job if you are someone:
- Careful with details and quality.
- Who loves programming.
- Proactive and self-taught. It’s not necessary to have much working experience, an excellent CV or a college diploma, we’re looking for someone that can learn by itself.
- With social & communication skills. 50% of the work of a programmer is communicating with others (through Pull Requests, Issues, Meetings, Documentation, etc), so it’s important to have a special sensibility. Currently, we’re having issues with the gender gap and bias, so it’s important to be feminist.
- Fluent English.
- Available in UTC+1 time zone in the mornings
If you’re worried about making lots of money quickly, this is not the best place to work ;-)
What we offer
- Work from home.
- Flexible hours to organize your schedule according to your needs.
- Full-time (35 hours)
- 1 full day per week for learning new things.
- Salary between 22k and 24k € per year. Review possibilities at 6 month tenure
- To be part of a project for the democratization of society with a global projection. And most important, together with a team of good people.
As “things that we want but we realize will be very difficult to get and we’re open to let it go”.
- Design skills and accessibility knowledge
- Spanish and Catalan fluency
Where and how to apply
If you’re interested send us your updated CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Junior Dev”.
Deadline: April 17, 2023
From April 17 onwards, we will evaluate the applications in order to award the vacancy during the next month.
The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right of withdrawal. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary. You may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to email@example.com The data will not be passed on to third parties.