What’s the job
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for creating a sustainability plan for the Association and find new funding opportunities.
Someone with excellent writing and communication skills and experienced managing grants and contracts related to digital democracy, participation or open source projects.
Capable of identifying both public and private funding opportunities, quickly turning ideas into clear and convincing funding proposals, and smoothly managing grant administration and reporting.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will be:
- Managing fundraising research
- Contact and meeting possible funders
- Pitch preparation and writing
- One-page project writing
- Proposal and project writing
- Submission of proposals
- Write a sustainability plan
- Report to the Coordination Committee
Decidim is a Free Libre Open Source Software for participatory democracy that is working on more than 400 cities, regions and organizations worldwide. It’s being used in Barcelona, Helsinki, France, Italy, Mexico, to name a few.
At the technical level is a Ruby on Rails project, a generator and some gems that helps organizations to make decisions and deliberative processes. It works by having an online and offline participation website.
We try to make all the decisions on the open on GitHub and also with our own platform (on MetaDecidim).
Who are we looking for
This is a perfect job if you are someone:
- With writing skills
- Knowledgeable about the world of private funding
- Knowledgeable about the world of public funding and public subsidies management
- With excellent social & communication skills. Currently, we’re having issues with the gender gap and bias, so it’s important to be feminist.
- Careful with details and quality.
- Proactive and who works autonomously
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
What we offer
- Work from home.
- Flexible hours to organize your schedule according to your needs.
- Part-time (10 hours per week).
- The job offer is for 7 months
- Salary between 10k and 13k € per 7 months.
- Residents in Spain: We can either hire you or pay you through invoices.
- Residents outside Spain: Payment by invoice only.
- To be part of a project for the democratization of society with a global projection. And most important, together with a team of good people.
This job offer is for a short period (7 months approximate), during this time we want to have somebody in the team looking for new funding and laying the groundwork for us to pluralise our income sources.
As “things that we want but we realize will be very difficult to get and we’re open to let it go”.
- Prior experience managing European projects
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Fluent Catalan
- Design skills
Where and how to apply
If you’re interested send us your updated CV and motivational letter to email@example.com with the subject “Fundraiser”.
Deadline: April 17, 2023
From April 17 onwards, we will evaluate the applications in order to award the vacancy during the next month.
The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right of withdrawal. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary. You may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The data will not be passed on to third parties.