What’s the job
We are looking for someone who can help us improve the PX (Participant Experience) of Decidim and also to work on reviewing and improving the graphic identity of the project. You will work with an interdisciplinary team focused on how technology can help to empower citizens for social change and improve democracy.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will be:
- User testing of the basic Decidim features
- Detect usability problems
- Create and propose new solutions
- Review the UI of the new features
- Participate in product meetings
- Advice on UX/UI to the product team
- Review and improve the current presentations design
- Create templates for different communicative resources
- Review UX/UI of the decidim.org website
- Review UX/UI of Metadecidim
Decidim is a Free Libre Open Source Software for participatory democracy that is working on more than 400 cities, regions and organizations worldwide. It’s being used in Barcelona, Helsinki, France, Italy, Mexico to name a few.
At the technical level is a Ruby on Rails project, a generator and some gems that helps organizations to make decisions and deliberative processes. It works by having an online and offline participation website.
We try to make all the decisions on the open on GitHub and also with our own platform (on MetaDecidim).
From a design approach, we build from the experience of the participant, where the person is not a user or a consumer, but has a proactive role and where the value lies in his or her role as a participant, as a person active in participation, as a person who takes part in a democratic process. See our design manifesto for more information.
Who are we looking for
This is a perfect job if you are someone:
- Can think abstractly, strategically, and analytically to solve complex, multi-factorial design problems.
- With proficient knowledge in UX/UI, Design Thinking and agile development
- Experienced with UX/UI software design.
- Careful with details and quality.
- Proactive and who works autonomously
- With social & communication skills. Currently, we’re having issues with the gender gap and bias, so it’s important to be feminist.
- Fluent English or Spanish.
What we offer
- Work from home.
- Flexible hours to organize your schedule according to your needs.
- Part-time (10 hours per week).
- Salary between 7k and 10k per 7 months
- Residents in Spain: We can either hire you or pay you through invoices.
- Residents outside Spain: Payment by invoice only.
- To be part of a project for the democratization of society with a global projection. And most important, together with a team of good people.
This job offer is for a short period (7 months approximate), depending on the financial situation of the association we will see if the duration can be extended.
As “things that we want but we realize will be very difficult to get and we’re open to let it go”.
- Fluent Catalan
- Basic knowledge in programming
Where and how to apply
If you’re interested send us your updated CV and motivational letter to email@example.com with the subject “Designer”.
Deadline: April 17, 2023
From April 17 onwards, we will evaluate the applications in order to award the vacancy during the next month.
The data provided will be kept until the end of this process or until you exercise your right of withdrawal. Therefore, you have the right to access your personal data, rectify inaccurate data or request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary. You may exercise this right by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The data will not be passed on to third parties.