What’s the job
We’re looking for someone to become part of the Decidim family, more specifically of the project backbone! Someone with passion for programming and problem solving, who will be in charge of maintaining the core repository of Decidim and taking care of the quality and stability of the code.
On a day-to-day basis your tasks will be:
- Planning new features along with the Product Team
- Reviewing new contributions from the developer community
- Making contributions to the software, documentation, etc.
- Answering and supporting our community members (on Gitter, GitHub, Metadecidim)
- Improving the installation process
- Updating the libraries of the project
Decidim is a Free Libre Open Source Software for participatory democracy that is working on more than 300 cities, regions and organizations worldwide. It’s being used in Barcelona, Helsinki, France, Italy, Mexico and other places.
At the technical level is a Ruby on Rails project, a generator and some gems that helps organizations to make decisions and deliberative processes. It works for having an online and offline participation website.
We try to make all the decisions on the open on GitHub and also with our own platform (on MetaDecidim).
Who are we looking for
This is a perfect job if you are someone:
- Careful with details and quality.
- Who loves programming.
- Proactive and self-taught. It’s not necessary to have much working experience, an excellent CV or a college diploma, we’re looking for someone that can learn by itself.
- With social & communication skills. 50% of the work of a programmer is communicating with others (through Pull Requests, Issues, Meetings, Documentation, etc), so it’s important to have a special sensibility. Currently, we’re having issues with the gender gap, so it’s important to be a feminist.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
If you’re worried about making lots of money quickly, this is not the best place to work ;-)
What we offer
- Work from home.
- Flexible hours to organize your schedule according your needs.
- Full time (35 hours).
- 1 full day per week for learning new things.
- Salary between 32k and 36k € per year.
- To be part of a project for the democratization of society with a global projection. And most important, together with a team of good people.
As “things that we want but we realize will be very difficult to get and we’re open to let it go”.
- Design skills and accessibility knowledge
- Catalan language fluency
Where and how to apply
If you’re interested send us your updated CV and motivational letter to email@example.com with the subject “Senior RoR Developer”.
Deadline: July 10, 2021.
From July 10 onwards, we will evaluate the applications in order to award the vacancy during the same month.