Improvements to existing features
Maps and geocoding are now fully configurable, and there’s a standardized API to plug any possible service to the map functionality in Decidim: dynamic maps, static maps, geocoding and geocoding autocompletion (e.g. proposals and meetings).
Also we have improved the overall security and accessibility by allowing system administrators to configure the allowed file extensions, allowed MIME types and maximum file upload sizes on the organization level.
- Make maps actually configurable #6340
- Make file upload settings configurable #6377
- Move OAUTH Application management to system panel #5955
Two features have been added that will be very useful for any administrator. The first is the ability to share unpublished components with a system of expirable tokens. The second one allows to create questionnaire templates which can be managed and used whenever a questionnaire is created.
A set of improvements has been incorporated into the debates, with the possibility of editing and closing them, also those created by the participants.
- Edit debates #6268
- Close debates #6278
- Embed debates #6306
- Add hashtags to comments #6429
- Add hashtags to debate #6396
- Debates filtering #6438
- Add comments metadata to debates #6428
- Users can endorse debates. #6368
Finally! We take a step forward in the autonomy of the participants and their groups with the option of organizing meetings without the intermediation of an admin.
- Meetings by participants or groups #6095
There are other important improvements, like we have started working on a machine-translation system for Decidim! And more:
- Machine translation for user-generated content #6127
- Make character limit for comments configurable #6280
- View and manage responses to surveys directly in the admin #5770
- Import and export for Assemblies #5624
- Add more than one attachment to proposals #6532
- Add editor to new_proposal_body_template #6517
- Improve email notifications for reported content #6053
- Improve newsletter real time counters performance when using segmentation #6258
- Initiatives signature gauge #6143
- Image on the Initiatives page and card #6427
- Rework accessibility improvements #6253
Speaking of translations, with the latest additions of Romanian and Latvian, Decidim is now available in almost 50 languages!
\ To learn about more changes, check the whole changelog:: https://github.com/decidim/decidim/releases/tag/v0.23.0